There is an expression of health that a good dental condition is essential to realize a healthy body as a whole; Including general physical conditions, the ability to chew and speak, appearance and social relationships with others.To prevent tooth decay and gum disease, brush your teeth, continue with cleaning with dental floss and visit the dentist regularly. Brush your teeth properly at least 2 minutes at least 2 times a day. And the most important time to brush your teeth not to miss is at night before bed. It would be better if you can brush your teeth after each meal. Clean between teeth with dental floss at least once a day. How to brush good teeth:
- Brush your teeth and gums with the position of the brush head to form a 45-degree angle in the border area between the teeth with the gums.
- Brush the movement gently and twist. Brush the outer surface of each upper and lower tooth with a 45-degree bristle position opposite to the gum line so that any remaining food scraps can be cleaned.
- Use the same movement to brush the inside of the tooth surface.
- Scrub all parts of the tooth surface used for chewing. Use only the tip of the toothbrush to clean the teeth with light pressure so that the bristles do not bend. Let the brush clean up the tooth gaps. Change the position of the toothbrush as often as possible.
- To clean the front teeth, brush your teeth upright and move gently up and down over the gum line.
- Brush the tongue to get rid of the bacteria and so the breath is fresher.
- Choose a toothbrush with a soft bristle brush because the hard one can make the gums hurt and cause abrasion of the teeth, which is the thinning of the tooth structure, especially around the gum line. Abrasion can make bacteria and acids exhaust the teeth because the hard layer of tooth enamel protector has been eroded.
- Replace the toothbrush if the brush is damaged and store in a dry place so it can dry after use.
- Never lend your toothbrush to others because the toothbrush contains bacteria that can move from one person to another even if the brush has been cleaned.
- Use an electric toothbrush for your baby to make it easier to use. This toothbrush can actually clean better than manual toothbrushes, but you should first consult the use of it with your dentist.
If you do not understand how to brush your teeth properly, ask for help and advice from your dentist. Do not forget, also ask advice on other ways to prevent tooth decay like dental treatment with fluoride. Keep in mind how to brush the wrong teeth can cause teeth to be sensitive. To obtain optimal dental and oral hygiene results, it is necessary to note also how to brush your teeth correctly.